Even though Spring is only one week away, Mother Nature seems to have a sense of humor.
As I write this, a winter storm has canceled schools, created mass transit delays, and kept most of us indoors for the duration of the day.
As children, we loved “Snow Days”. Heck, we prayed for them! And days like these we truly cherished.
Yet as a grown-up, homeowner, parent and professional, the mere word ‘snow’ seems to gray the few hairs I have left atop my head.
You have to cancel plans, reschedule meetings, clear the driveway and stock up the house with quantities of milk and eggs that you could never dream of consuming.
If you’re not accustomed to working at home, this hunkering down puts you in sort of a ‘daze’. You’re home, but you should be working. Your family is around, yet you still have some work to do.
Take advantage of this day that has been ‘gifted’ to you.
- Clean out your email inbox
- Clean up your digital desktop
- Plan out your next few weeks
- Spend some time identifying some new targets
- Get organized
- Read up on some newsworthy topics
- Listen to that PodCast you’ve been meaning to get to
- Get a fire started in the fireplace
- Play a game of Monopoly with your family
- Watch a movie everyone can enjoy
- Have a really nice family dinner with a very big glass of wine
- Get to sleep early to be completely recharged for the rest of the week
Lou Diamond is the Founder & CEO of Thrive – a leading consulting and coaching company helping the best people and companies become even more amazing. He is also the author of the newly released international best-selling book “Master the Art of Connecting“.